Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pancakes & Pajamas

The theme for the party Miller and I attended last weekend was "Pancakes & Pajamas."  Not sure how I missed that one in my party-planning repertoire, but I will be sure to file it away for later ~ too, too precious!!! 

The first thing on the agenda was to make sure all of the party guests had an apron so that they didn't get their PJs dirty.  They came in orange, purple, pink, and green.  The animal choices were frogs, butterflies, and ladybugs.  Miller looks quite handsome in his, if I do say so myself.
The table was set with bowls of toppings (blueberries, bananas, strawberries, marsmallows, and chocolate chips), whipped cream, and syrup.
It also had bowls of cookie cutters on them.  That's because...
...while some of the pancakes were smaller and had faces on them, the others were regular sized and could be cut out into various shapes for the kids to enjoy.  On a side note, clearly Miller was only interested in the sweet toppings. 
The finished product of the cups for the kids.  Makes me want to hit a Starbucks right now!
This is one of Miller's friends from school, Eli, who just adores Miller.  I kept trying to get a picture of them but my little man wasn't having any of it.  Poor Eli kept trying to hold his hand and give him hugs, but Miller kept turning away and just kept eating.  Finally Eli kissed him on the head.  This was the pure reaction of happiness that Eli had from finally getting to show Miller some affection.  How sweet!  Miller got to be happy, too, because he still got to eat.  Everybody wins!

No comments:

Post a Comment