Saturday, July 21, 2012

Bubble Painting

I'm trying to keep the kids busy over the summer doing some crafty things inside, particularly since the heat can be sweltering at times.  I search a lot of crafty-type blogs and have gotten some pretty cute ideas that luckily are fairly inexpensive, too.  This idea came from housingaforest.com.

The materials were pretty much regular household stuff: cups/bowls, straws, dish soap, water, paper, spoons, and food coloring.
Just mix up the soap, water, and food coloring, (I just eye-balled the amounts) give them a little stir, and you're ready to roll!  Just be sure to tell the kiddos to not accidentally breathe in while blowing the bubbles.  Miller made that mistake twice (What can I say, he just turned 3!) and ended up with a mouthful of soap~yuck!

Even though he's not looking at the camera, I like this picture because you can tell he was having fun.
Next, remove the straw and place a piece of paper on top of the cup or bowl.


 I love how he's just gazing at her.  How sweet!

The end result: some colorful artwork with no two exactly alike.


No comments:

Post a Comment