Saturday, April 14, 2012

Easter Basket Bonanza

This year I decided to get crafty and make the kids' Easter baskets.  While I can't take credit for the ideas, I will take credit for all of the work that went into them.

I got the idea for Miller's basket from a blog called the-wilson-world.blogspot.com.  I had lots of trouble finding round, wooden fruit baskets so I just used a regular wicker basket and spray painted it white.  I used ribbon from my mom's craft room and she helped me laminate Miller's nametag.  I was really pleased with the way it turned out.



Next up is Lorelai's tutu basket.  She said it was very sassy ~ imagine that!  I got the great idea for this basket from a blog that I follow regularly called linsey-organizedchaos.blogspot.com.  Thanks, Linsey!!  I took three different colors of tulle and knotted them individually around the rim of a wire basket.  I took ribbon and wrapped it around the handle and also used it to tie bows at the edge of the handles.  Finally, I took a silky white ribbon and knotted it twice on each side just to add a little extra flair.  Lorelai absolutely loved it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment