Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Exploring My Creative Side

This year I decided to do photo Valentines of the kids.  I didn't want to just send out pictures of them, since I can do that anytime, so I did an Internet search and happened upon a blog with this adorable idea that was super-easy (not to mention afforable).  How's that for a win/win situation?! 

First, I took individual pictures of Lorelai and Miller in front of a giant chalkboard wall with the words "HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!" and their own "signature" underneath.  They each held PVC pipe in a strategic position for a specific look that would come into play later.

Once the pictures were developed I cut a slit right at the top of the PVC pipe and put a heart-shaped lollipop behind it.  I taped it down to the back of the picture so that it wouldn't move.  It made it look like the kids were holding giant lollipops.

Finally, I glued the pictures to red, pink, and white construction paper to make borders for the cards.  They got rave reviews!  Hope y'all love the idea, too, and maybe choose to use it for your Valentines next year.  :)


**I know the lollipops look a little disjointed but it's just due to the angle that I took the pictures from.  I couldn't take them from straight above or I would have gotten a glare from the flash.**

No comments:

Post a Comment